Monday, September 7, 2015

Oh Baby

I finished a number of items in July (just in time for one of the baby showers) for two new babies due in our family.  
I made Elizabeth Hartman's Preppy the Whale for a baby girl.  The mom-to-be wanted bright colors instead of baby pastels.  The grandparents-to-be live in Gloucester where we've departed for a family whale watch, so I thought this was appropriate.  It's hard to see, but the background fabric is a pale blue.  I used an all-over stipple to quilt it.
The back is a small floral with a single girly whale.  I used the same blue for the binding that was used for the background.
Made a couple of quick bibs.
I also finished a really cute diaper clutch.  It's a combination of tutorials I found on Pinterest.
It unrolls and opens up to a changing mat.  I used a waterproof fabric for the inside because we all know that things can get messy.  The pocket can hold some diapers and a package of wipes.

We also had a baby boy join the family.
I made this triangle quilt with some leftover pieces from a quilt I had made for my grandson.  It was really simple.  The fabric is called Life in the Jungle and it's from Riley Blake.  I really like the orange an gray in this collection. I mixed in a few solids as well.
The back is a cute blue plaid with some leftover strips.
I did straight line stitching for the quilting and used a solid blue for the binding.

Until this weekend when I started sewing a Christmas table runner (getting an early start), I hadn't sewn a single thing since early July.  It's just been too hot, plus I've been spending my time reading the Outlander series.  Each book is about 1000 pages.  I'm on book three.

Anyway, it's good to get back to my machine.

Joyful stitching,
jane 


No comments :

Post a Comment