Saturday, January 16, 2016

2016 Finish-A-Long - Quarter 1 Hopefuls

It's been ages since I posted or even finished anything.  It's obvious I need some motivation.  Time for the 2016 Finish-A-Long!
I decided to put in some easy finishes and some not-so-easy finishes.  Without further ado...

This top has been pieced for many months.  The pattern is from A Quilters Mixology. The back has been purchased.  I'm a bit stuck as to how to quilt it.
Next is Carolyn Friedlander's Local quilt.  I think I have only 2 blocks left to piece.  The difficult part of finishing this quilt is remembering where I put the blocks.
My hourglass quilt started in 2013.  Top is completely pieced and backing has been purchased.  I fell out of love with it which is why it's been sitting around.
A fun little baby quilt for a granddaughter due in March.  It's all cut and ready to stitch. This is one of my easy finishes.
Another easy finish.  I have an idea for some table mats or hot pads.  I can piece them while watching TV.
This one is a stretch.  It's Patchwork City by Elizabeth Hartman.  I'm using Cotton & Steel Mochi.  Love the colors in this one.  I only need about 60 more blocks.

I'm hoping 2016 is a much more productive year.
Joyful stitching,
jane

Linking up with
Rhonda's [Quilt] Ramblings





2 comments :

  1. Love this list Jane! I LOVE that Summerville top- too bad it's lost its appeal but I am sure finishing it will be worth it. Congrats on a granddaughter due soon. Baby girls are always fun to sew for.

    ReplyDelete
  2. When stuck for quilting ideas I look at what other people have done on the internet - I may not copy their ideas but it is great inspiration! Love the hourglass top - if you don't like it can you donate to a charity to finish? Great list and hope you get them all done! Thank you for participating in the FAL, on behalf of the 2016 global FAL hosts.

    ReplyDelete