Tuesday, December 18, 2012

I actually finished something!

 Linking up with Quilt Story: Fabric Tuesday

 It's about time that I finally finished something substantial.  I started this over a year ago and put it aside.  The top was completely pieced at that point, so all I needed to do was to put it all together.  My guild is having a WIP challenge so the timing was perfect.   (However, the timing was not perfect for picture taking.)  It was a gray, rainy morning, but since I knew it would be dark before I got home from work, I made the best of it.

The fabric (Flurry, I think) is Kate Spain. I downloaded the pattern from her website last year.
The piecing was pretty easy.  I have some leftover fabric that I'm saving to make a couple of matching pillow covers. With any luck, they'll be ready for next year.
The backing fabric is some Robert Kaufman that I've had for a while.  The green dots are from my stash. The binding is Vintage Modern.

I really love the way it crinkled after it was washed and dried.

I still have a bunch of gifts to finish making.  No rest for the weary.

Almost forgot - I also finished this cowl.
The pattern is the Honey Cowl from Ravelry.  It was my first time using circular needles.  It was very easy and I've already made plans to start another.


Fresh Poppy Design