Tuesday, December 18, 2012

I actually finished something!


 Linking up with Quilt Story: Fabric Tuesday



 It's about time that I finally finished something substantial.  I started this over a year ago and put it aside.  The top was completely pieced at that point, so all I needed to do was to put it all together.  My guild is having a WIP challenge so the timing was perfect.   (However, the timing was not perfect for picture taking.)  It was a gray, rainy morning, but since I knew it would be dark before I got home from work, I made the best of it.

The fabric (Flurry, I think) is Kate Spain. I downloaded the pattern from her website last year.
The piecing was pretty easy.  I have some leftover fabric that I'm saving to make a couple of matching pillow covers. With any luck, they'll be ready for next year.
The backing fabric is some Robert Kaufman that I've had for a while.  The green dots are from my stash. The binding is Vintage Modern.





I really love the way it crinkled after it was washed and dried.

I still have a bunch of gifts to finish making.  No rest for the weary.

Almost forgot - I also finished this cowl.
The pattern is the Honey Cowl from Ravelry.  It was my first time using circular needles.  It was very easy and I've already made plans to start another.

jane




Fresh Poppy Design

9 comments :

  1. Beautiful quilt! Love it the pattern.
    The cowl neck scarf so cool!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love your quilt!! I have been wanting to buy some Christmas fabric for a quilt but wasn't 100% sure. I think I'll add it to the list for next year after seeing yours.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful quilt - love those fabrics! And you cowl is gorgeous too.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh Jane both your items look fantastic! I love the quilt - wish I'd seen the pattern and downloaded it, it looks like such a bright and cheery project.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Gorgeous finish - I think we are all guilty of not finishing things for a while!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Beautiful quilt, I just recently made my first christmas quilt and finished in time for christmas too, now this would be another great christmas quilt I could make.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love it! It is such a cheery Christmas quilt. Maybe one day... : )

    ReplyDelete
  8. This is an awesome quilt!!
    Have a great day.
    Always, Queenie

    ReplyDelete
  9. I love this quilt! I want to make some twin Christmas quilts for my boys beds, and this looks festive, yet EASY, which is what I need in order to make 3 Christmas quilts. Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete