Finally, a decent finish. I started this churn dash quilt in March at retreat. I finished it last week.
This is a generous-sized lap quilt measuring 63"x72". Each individual block measures 9". I used Carolyn Friedlander's Botanics. Her collection contained a nice selection of small and tone-on-tone prints as well contrasting ones. I think this allowed for the individual blocks to stand out nicely.
I used my walking foot to stitch from top to bottom along just along the center row in each block. I stitched in the ditch in the seam between each individual block. Easy peasy.
I patched the back together using some leftover blocks and scraps. The yellow fabric is an older Joel Dewberry from my stash.
I'm not generally an orange person and I'm not sure why I even had it in my stash, but I think it worked well to sharpen the edge of this quilt.
Now, I've got a couple of deadlines for baby quilts so those should be my next finishes.