Wednesday, January 29, 2014

WIP Wednesday

I've been tossing around some ideas for the Riley Blake challenge.  One of them involved some type of dresden block.  I decided to make a practice block and grabbed some Kaffe Fassett fabric that's been hanging around for much too long. 
I wanted to make one that would finish into a 16" block.  So I used the 7" measurement on my ruler figuring that each half circle combined would be 14".  My pea brain totally missed that there's a 3" opening in the middle.  So what did it do?  I made more.
I have no idea what I'm going to do with these. They'll get put away and maybe added to my 2nd quarter Finish Along list.  Making these dresdens was not in vain.  I now know that I definitely don't want to do a dresden block for the Riley Blake challenge.

I also finished another block for my Hexie Garden quilt.  So far, so good.
Linking up to Freshly Pieced.
WIP Wednesday at Freshly Pieced

Joyful stitching,
jane




4 comments :

  1. Love those Kaffe Dresden wheels.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Those Kaffe blocks are awesome. They would make a fantastic quilt.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love your dresdens - they would look fantastic placed on a white background as a quilt. Your hexie looks impressive too!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Awesome blocks. That Dresden really sparkles, what a great project.

    ReplyDelete