Friday, January 3, 2014

2013 Final Finishes and 4th Quarter Finish-A-Long


My very last finish for 2013 is this embroidery piece. The pattern is by Bird Brain Designs.
It was one of the projects included in my list of goals for the 4th quarter of the 2013 Finish-A-Long hosted by Leanne at she can quilt
My original list can be found here.
I used Kona Snow for the background and a few different blues from my stash for the border and binding.  The back is also from my stash.  It makes me think of men's boxer shorts.  Oh well.

I did ok this quarter and finished 3 out of 5 projects.
Made the blocks from Fat Quarterly's BOM into a finished quilt,

and finished this cute quilt for Eamon.

I did not even touch
this Summersville top or
this sweater for Eamon.  At this point, I'll have to pull out what I've done and start something else.  The little bubbie is growing like a weed (13 lbs, 9 oz at 8 weeks) and will not fit into the size I started.  Maybe he'll get a hat.

I did manage one other finish just in time for Christmas.

The fabric is Winter's Lane. I used a snowball block and some diagonal straight lines for the quilting.  I love this collection.  I think it's probably my favorite seasonal line.
This one will stay around after the other holiday things are packed away.

Hope you managed to meet some of your goals for 2013.  I have a new philosophy for 2014, but more on that later.
Joyful stitching,
jane

Linking up with....

she can quilt

2 comments :

  1. Your finishes are lovely, especially the embroidery!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love winters lane too. I love how it's not screaming Christmas. What a shame about the jacket you were knitting. I'd probably change to a hat too.

    ReplyDelete