Sunday, December 28, 2014

Back on Track

I'm finally getting back on track with blogging and sewing.  The holidays seem to wipe me out. Got back to my yoga class this morning and I already feel better.
I have several finishes for the 4th Qtr FAL that I have not written about yet.  Today, it's the snowman wall hanging that was finished last month.

The pattern set is called Winter Trio by Edyta Sitar.  I purchased the pattern and 2 fabric kits a couple of years ago and then proceeded to forget about them.  
It's all raw-edge applique. I stitched 1/8 inch in from the edges of each piece and did some stippling in the background.  This was a very easy project and very forgiving.  It was nice to take a break from trying to match points and seams.  The fabric kit contained batiks, but I think this would be really nice made from other quilting cottons.  Maybe next year.  Maybe not.
It may sound strange, but I enjoyed cutting out all the little angles and lines on the snowflakes.  Just like trimming, it's a zen thing for me.
The piece measures 16" x 24". 

Lots more to blog about, but that's it for today.  Off to have tea with Mom and the sisters.

Joyful stitching,
jane


My original 4th Qtr. list can be found here.



1 comment :

  1. Hi Jane! Lovely snowman quilt! So well done. I have been wanting to tell you that I get compliments ALL of the time regarding the potholders and apron you made me. Such a good remembrance of my time in BMQG. Thanks again!

    ReplyDelete