Sunday, July 28, 2013

I've gone overboard...again.

I have gone on a bit of a binge.  However, in my defense, it was my duty as a grandmother-to-be to buy this fabric.  I had no choice.


How stinkin' cute is this?  It's called Sasparilla by Riley Blake.  It was one of Missouri Star Quilt Co.'s daily deals. I bought 2 charm packs and will probably get some yardage.
The colors are wonderful.  I haven't figured out which pattern I will use, but it will end up in a quilt.
Love the bandana fabric.

During my spree, I also bought this...
Who can resist a baby monkey (or a baby anything)?  The plaids in this collection are great.  It's called Life in the Jungle and is by Riley Blake.

I didn't stop there.
I bought this collection of Architextures by Carolyn Friedlander.
I've been eyeballing this lovely pattern since it first came out.  It's called The Local.

Marmalade Fabrics had a kit that included all the fabrics as well as the pattern.  It's all paper pieced.  I can't wait to start it.

Oh, and I didn't forget the holidays.  I love the colors in this collection.
It's called Winter's Lane.  I dropped into Pine Tree Quilts on the way to my son's house.  I purchased just a charm pack (for now) and the panel.  It will make a nice pennant to hang across the fireplace.


On another note, my guild is doing a sew-along.  We'll be making the Weekender bag.
A simple project that I will do in my spare time.

But first, I need to finish this.
I'm hoping to have it ready to hang in our guild's exhibit at the Lowell Quilt Festival.  I'm almost done with the blocks.
I didn't get much sewing done at all this weekend.
I did, however, manage to give Ginger a little makeover.
JoAnn's had some wall decals on clearance.  So cute.

Joyful stitching,
jane










4 comments :

  1. These are some adorable fabrics. I love it!

    I saw a cute pattern in Riley Blake Design's website:
    http://www.rileyblakedesigns.com/cutting-corners/2013/07/22/sasparilla-trails/

    I can't wait to see all your projects.

    ReplyDelete
  2. So much pretty fabric!!! Oooh, the baby quilts:-) Glad you'll have some "free" time to sew with us;-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. " it was my duty as a grandmother-to-be to buy this fabric." may be the best line I have read on a quilting blog in a very long time.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yes, as a grandmother to be it is *definitely* your duty to buy lots and lots of cute fabric! As a brand new (26 days) grandmother myself, I am working hard to fulfill my duty!! I just finished my Sasparilla top (I merely sewed the charm packs together)and will back it with the cream cowboy/girl fabric. I may have to make another one just to utilize the pattern that Malini shared!

    ReplyDelete