Monday, May 27, 2013

Finally, a productive week

I feel like I actually made some progress on my mile-long list of things to do.
I finished my disappearing 9-patch using a charm pack of Happy Go Lucky that I won from this nice blogger

 I used white Kona for 4 of the 9 blocks in each 9-patch.  It makes really makes a charm pack go a long way.  I put 1" sashing between each of the patches.  I think it makes the blocks look like they float as well as make the design look a bit more complex.
I used an all-over stipple and went with the light turquoise for the binding.
I didn't want to buy any additional fabric for the back and the binding, so both are from my stash.  I liked the fact that this collection has some orange in it and decided to go with some Kaffe Fassett that I had.
 The weather finally cleared on Sunday, so we took a trip into Boston to see the "To Boston with Love" project.  I have 3 flags in the exhibit and my daughter also made one.
It was an amazing thing to see.  Many thanks to Berene and Amy for all their hard work.  The location couldn't have been more perfect.  It was so great to see lots of visitors looking at all the flags and pointing out their favorites.
Of course Daughter Dear found her's right away.  It's the peachy colored one on the end.  She's a big Vera Bradley fan and used a VB cloth napkin for the heart on hers.

Our guild is busy working on the Quilts for Boston  project.  I finished one top and am ready to baste it. (Ugh, my least favorite part of quilting.)  I also have a second one ready to piece. 
Onward and upward!

Joyful stitching,
jane














3 comments :

  1. I really love this quilt. I had used the disappearing nine-patch on my "Shades of Blue" and have been wanting to make a girl version of it soon. This is very inspiring!

    The flags @MFA look awesome!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Im interested in where you placed the white squares thanks

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi. I created the nine-patch using print fabric for the 4 corners and center and using white for the 4 remaining squares (top, bottom, left and right). The 9-patch was then cut into 4 squares and rearranged. Thanks.

      Delete