Monday, October 1, 2012

Fresh Sewing Day

My production for September was dismal. Hopefully, October will be a banner month.  I have only one complete item.  The rest are all just blocks for some of my countless WIPs.



I finished 7 of my Great Granny blocks.  They are a simple, but rewarding block.  I look forward to completing this quilt.  I also finished 4 of my EPP blocks. I am loving my Rose Star blocks inspired by Clare at Selfsewn.  My plan is to make this quilt totally by hand.  

My only complete finish is my Faux Cathedral Window table mat, complete with red wine stains. (Note to self: stick to white wines while adding bindings.)

My first project for October is to make some absolutely adorable potholders using this cute fabric...

 Today I'm linking with  both Fresh Sewing Day and Small Blog Meet courtesy of Lily's Quilts.



Lily's Quilts
Lily's Quilts

8 comments :

  1. Nothing wrong with finishing a lot of blocks! They all look great.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Just popped in from Lily's Quilts 'small blog meet' so nice to meet you. You have finished lots of blocks, so got to agree with Alia 'nothing wrong with finishing blocks.

    ReplyDelete
  3. We have stopped by from Lilys quilts small blog meet'.

    There nothing wrong with your productivity! Twelve blocks finished including 4 EPP plus that lovely Faux Cathedral Window must count 4 credits. Well done!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Came here via Jo and the small blog meet. I think your lovely Faux Cathedral Window piece is perfectly matched with your wine stains! Your EPP blocks are great too - looking forward to seeing how you set them. Have read back through your posts and LUCKY you to be able to go Whale watching - on my list of things to do.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Visiting from Lilys Quilts Small Blog Meet, I love the blocks, and the faux cathedral windows are beautiful! Ange x

    ReplyDelete
  6. I came by from the small blog hop - love all of your Granny blocks, I am in the midst of a whole lot of them myself. I love that you have sevral projects on the go - as do I. Look forward to reading more in the days to come.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Finishing a lot of blocks means you are just one step closer to a completed project! I'm sure we've all felt extremely unproductive when the sewing is slow, so you are not alone there. :) I look forward to seeing more completed blocks and projects!

    ReplyDelete