Wednesday, August 1, 2012

The Queen and I


In the spirit of the Olympics, my friend, the Queen, has joined me for a little sewing.
She's solar/light activated.  Her little hand does the royal wave when I turn the lamp on.  She's so cute.


Blocks #1 and #2 from the Fat Quarter Shop BOM Designer Mystery block are both finished.
Block 1
Block 2

I'm really liking the fabric.  The instructions for the blocks are easy to follow.  Both of these blocks came together very quickly.  

I've also been working on hand sewing while watching the games.  

Eventually these will be a scrappy quilt.   I enjoy working on them and it gives me a chance to get rid of some scraps. I need about 82 more units.  I'll probably still be working on them during the next Olympics.


Jane




6 comments :

  1. Great handsewing. EPP is perfect to do while watching TV isn't it?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love all your blocks. Oh, to have the patience to do the Rose Star blocks. I saw her quilt and am just in awe.

    Love the Queen too...it cracks me up that they included her purse too!!!!!!!!!

    blessings, jill
    visiting from lilysquilts

    ReplyDelete
  3. you know to check in the Queen's purse to make sure that there is no money in there - she doesn't carry any :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love the stars - they're going to make a beautiful quilt. Enjoy the games!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I've been trying to hand sew while watching the Olympics too but I think I"m spending too much time starting at the screen instead of my project!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Visiting from Lily's Quilts. I like your handsewn scrappy stars. I have been watching the Olympics too, but woefully unprepared in terms of having hand work to do!

    ReplyDelete