Wednesday, August 30, 2017

It's been a long time...

It's been many moons since I have written a blog post.  Somehow the time has just gotten away from me.  I haven't been completely idle and hope to get back on track and post my finishes.  Here's one of my favorites...

I made this lovely quilt using the Bjorn Bear pattern from Elizabeth Hartman.  It was a gift for a new great-nephew named George.   There were a lot of fidgety little pieces in this quilt but it was not really very difficult.  Her pattern instructions are very detailed and if you follow them and keep your pieces organized and labeled, then it goes together very nicely.
I used Kona solids for almost all of the quilt and using a different print for each of the bear's ears. I quilted it with a pale grey thread in a diagonal diamond pattern.  The lines are about 2" apart.  I bound it in a yellow solid.  This quilt measures approx. 40" square.
Of course, I had to add her signature glasses on one of the bears.
The back contains some of the solids used on the bears and some random prints.  This is a quilt I would probably make again.

Joyful stitching,
jane






2 comments :

  1. This quilt turned out great!! Love the quilting!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks, Gwen. I was happy with the way the quilting turned out. I like the simple look of the diamond pattern and it doesn't overpower the bears.
    Jane

    ReplyDelete