Wednesday, August 10, 2016

Jelly rolling along...

I am the first to admit that I have a bit of an addiction to buying pre-cut fabrics.  The problem is that I spend much more time just looking at them than I do using them.  Time to make a change.

This hexie baby quilt was made with a jelly roll of Mormor.  It was simple to do.  I just sewed to strips together and then cut wedges with a 60 deg. ruler.   I wanted the edges of the quilt to be straight (instead of hexie shaped) so I cut some half triangles from a pale aqua to add at the top and bottom.

 I quilted straight lines 1/4" from the seams using my walking foot.

The back was made with some matching yardage and some leftover wedges.  The straight line quilting shows up nicely on the back.

The binding is the same pretty pale aqua that I used in the quilt.
This little lovely measures 34" by 44".

Joyful stitching,
jane




1 comment :

  1. I'm loving these last two quilts! This hexie is beautiful, and your log cabin in the previous post just glows! Well done!

    ReplyDelete