Tuesday, June 17, 2014

A Star is Born

Well, actually a quilt is finished.

I started this baby quilt a couple of months ago.  The individual blocks were all finished but I put it aside to work on something else.  I finally got sick of moving it around my sewing studio and decided to finish it this past weekend.
This has to be one of the easiest quilts I have ever made. I used some leftover fat quarters and yardage.  The block is based on a Moda Bake Shop recipe called Charming Stars.  I made a version of it a couple of years ago.  These blocks were cut a bit smaller to make use of my scraps. 
It took no time to sew the 12 blocks together.  Basting was a breeze (yoga classes help).   I opted for fairly minimal straight-line quilting.
The back is just pieced together from leftover fabric. 
I had a pretty purple dot that I used for the binding.  This quilt measures approx. 35"x46".  I always pre-wash  my quilts before gifting or selling. This one is nice and crinkled.  Yummy.

I'll definitely be making another one of these.  I made 5 extra blocks when making this one because initially I hadn't decided what colors to use, so I have it already started (yay, another WIP!).  I also have a bunch of 1930's repro baby prints that I think will work well with this design.

Joyful stitching,
jane

Linking up with Show and Tell Tuesday.


IMG_6373

2 comments :

  1. This is just beautiful. I love a freshly washed quilt too!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is adorable!!! I love the colors... another lucky baby:-)

    ReplyDelete