Wednesday, August 21, 2013

Oops, I did it again.

I'm not supposed to be buying any more fabric.  I've spent a small fortune in the last couple of months on fabric.
However, this purchase was not my fault.  My two older sisters, who have been bossing me around since I was a kid, bossed me into buying it.
It's a gorgeous organic fabric called Robotic by Rebekah Ginda for Birch Fabrics.  And soft?  I'll have to keep my sewing room door closed so no one sees me rolling around on it.  The baby's parents were both science majors so I think it's perfect.
I bought it last week at a quilt show in Manchester, NH from the lovely ladies at Sew Fresh Fabrics.

They also had a few sale items in their booth.  I bought this great bundle of Simply Color.
I wasn't going to buy it, but my daughter pointed out that I had some birthday money that my mother had given me and she insisted that I should treat myself.  So, technically, this purchase was also not my fault.  I didn't want to disappoint my daughter.

I did, however, finish a project this weekend.
My daughter also had a birthday.  She does a lot of stitchy work so I made her this neat case.  I used some charms and yardage of Noteworthy along with a bit of Lucy's Crab Shack.
There's a pocket on one side to hold the hold the hooped fabric.
And there's a vinyl zippered pocket on the other to hold the threads and scissors and stuff.
The pattern is called Tag Along by This & That.  I wasn't thrilled with the directions and had to redo a few things, but it finished nicely.

So, no more fabric buying for me (except for the white Kona I need) until the next quilt show in early November.

Joyful stitching,
jane






6 comments :

  1. I'm glad your family bosses you around - I get to see the results! I love all of the fabric you've bought and that bag, just way too cute!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love those robots and Simply Color is fabulous too! I'm glad you got bossed around too!

    ReplyDelete
  3. LOL! I can't stop laughing about your nice way to put the fabric purchase being influenced by others :-). Love it!

    Those are some cute fabrics. How can you resist?

    I love the stichy case you made for your daughter.
    Happy birthday to both of you!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Don't you just love fabric enablers? I like to think Karen and I enable each other. ;) It's good that you and Leah can enable each other.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Loved the post. I need to go on a fabric diet too. Good choices for sure!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I've been out of control... wish I had a sister to blame;-) Hopefully fall will be sewing time for all of us and we'll transform that fabric in to quilts!!!

    ReplyDelete