Monday, January 7, 2013

2013 Finish-A-Long

I've decided to join the 2013 Finish-A-Long hosted by Leanne at she can quilt.  I'm very good at starting new projects, but not so good at finishing them without a deadline.  I've decided to be fairly conservative in my first quarter with just 3 quilts.

First up is my Charming Stars quilt using Fandango.

I made this quilt once before and it came together quickly.  All the blocks are pieced.  I still need to add the remaining sashing and cornerstones.  I plan on some straight line quilting.
My second WIP is one that's been hanging around a couple of years.  My taste in fabric has changed which made me lose interest in finishing it. 
The piecing is completely done.  I'll keep the back fairly simple.  I have some leftover squares that I'll work into it.

My third project that I really want to finish in Q1 is my Great Granny quilt.  I've got 16 out of the 20 blocks pieced.  I really enjoy piecing these blocks and am happy to get back to them.
The remaining 4 blocks are all cut and ready to stitch.  I think I'm just going to use some narrow (1" finished) sashing between blocks.  Not sure how I'm going to quilt it.

So that's it.  If I can finish one of these per month, I'll be happy.

jane








4 comments :

  1. I'm trying to finish things off too...but the temptation to begin something new is very strong. I am pleased thoug, I just finished piecing my Great Granny top this afternoon after what feels like forever. Can't wait to see yours!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yay to finishing some WIPs! I can't wait to see some of these finished.

    ReplyDelete
  3. They are lovely projects to get finished! Love the granny quilt top!

    ReplyDelete
  4. These are all so pretty. I just love Fandango, and granny squares too. I am glad you are finishing along.

    ReplyDelete