Wednesday, August 29, 2012

WIP Wednesday

Not too much sewing this week.

I've added a couple more Great Granny blocks.  
I now have a grand total of four.  Woohoo!







Once I finally sit to sew, these blocks are really easy and go together quickly.  There's a lot of chain piecing, which I find very efficient. I'd like to make this a good sized lap quilt, so I think I'll need 20 blocks.


I've also worked on my Rose Star blocks inspired by Self Sewn.  The hardest part for me is picking out the fabric. I need to stop choosing pinks, blues and greens. I think I need to add some purples to my stash.  These blocks are very relaxing to stitch together.  I still don't know how many I'll need or how I'm going to set them.




I purchased this lovely fabric at a quilt show earlier this month.




My plan is to make some potholders or mug rugs for Halloween.  Let's see if I can actually get them done.


jane




Linking up for WIP Wednesday
WIP Wednesday at Freshly Pieced 

No comments :

Post a Comment